Children’s destiny is in the hands of their father and mother. Only they can restrict the influence of social media on their children’s life.
Parents’ role in their children’s lives is very important.
Teenagers are highly addicted to social media nowadays. Even after lots of effort, they are unable to get rid of it. It is affecting their studies. Teenagers are facing the adolescent period in their life, so right at this moment, they are unable to understand the depth of the influence of social media. However, parents can play an important role in shaping their children’s future. They can make their parents understand.
What is the role of the parents towards their children in social media?
The parents have a vital role to play towards their children in social media. At this tender age, scolding and rebuking might have an adverse effect. So, parents have to handle the students delicately.
- The parents are the biggest support to their children. So, they need to monitor the progress of the growth of their children. The parents need to check what their children are doing on social media. Whether they are chatting to unknown strangers or not. If the children are searching for notes then don’t interfere. But keeping a watchful eye on the children is very essential.
- The parents should involve their children in some activities, like karate, swimming, cricket, volleyball, etc. The mind of the children will remain fresh.
- Nowadays, children forget to read storybooks. Only school books will not help them to score high. One needs to study other books to gain their knowledge. So, parents should purchase books for their children. It will help them to gain knowledge. Moreover, they can get distracted from social media as well.
- Sometimes social media proves to be harmful. There are many channels on YouTube that are not suitable for youngsters. The children can get addicted to watching porn movies. It is not right to enjoy adult movies at this age. It might lead them to do unsocial activities. So, the parents can lock those channels. Prevent your children from watching those videos.
- The parents can also make their children do some social activities. The examples are to help the needy, to help the wild animals. The children will learn to engage themselves in the activities and they can flourish in their life.
- The parents should also take the children for an outing on weekends. It will help the students to feel refreshed after a long and tiring weekday. This will also help the children to build relations with nature. If they spend the weekend by sorting ideally at home then naturally they will indulge themselves in social media.
- The children need to be involved to make relationships with their relatives. Nowadays children are leading a materialistic life. All they have to do is to build up a strong relationship.
To conclude, we must say that children are the treasures of our life. The involvement of parents in their children’s life will help you in building a strong future. The student will get a nice future.